Consider a donation to LIVESTRONG to help empower those affected by cancer.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Darn Girl Scout cookies.....

On Thursday I went grocery shopping because we were going to have 9 guests, between Friday and Tuesday, come to visit and spend part of Spring Break!

With four of them under the age of 11, and the fact that it is lent, I tried to avoid the sweets and sodas in case anyone had given those up. I did not get sodas, even though a case of Dr. Pepper during spring break sure sounded good, I passed up the marshmallows (mostly b/c I thought it would be too warm for a fire pit/marshmallow roast), and the Velveeta cheese dip ingredients since I didn't want to be tempted to eat a few bowls of sausage and 'cheese,'  and I did well getting extra fruit, veges, salad fixings, etc.... but what I didn't count on were the 6 boxes of Girl Scout cookies I had ordered that were being delivered!

We (about 5 of us) ate a box and a half in one night, which I suppose is better than EACH of us eating a box, but now there are still a few boxes left in the house for Brad and I to finish off.

We rode 82 miles from Fri - Sun and we'll head out in a few minutes to ride another 10-20 around the State Park, so hopefully we'll cancel out the effects, if our will power is not strong enough to keep us from eating the cookies!!!

I have fairly strong will power, but I know that my best defense is to make sure I do not buy the food or drinks that I should avoid. Even though I REALLY wanted a Dr. Pepper with lunch today, we were eating left overs at the house,  and I am not going to go to the store to buy any, so I end up without the added calories.

What 'STEPS' do you take to curb the cravings or prevent yourself from overindulging??

No comments:

Post a Comment